As many of you know, I am completing my first year as global chairman and CEO and am looking forward to sharing with you all, as friends and colleagues, our latest news. This has been an exciting time for the firm, as just last week we launched our new name and brand—Hill+Knowlton Strategies.
Changing the name of the firm was not a decision made quickly or lightly. It came after much thought and consideration about the direction in which this firm is headed, and more importantly — about how to best serve our clients in a changing world.
Throughout my travels this past year to our various offices, I have enjoyed interacting with our teams from China to Latin American and Dubai, and I plan on visiting even more this coming year. It has been encouraging to see evidence of our growth and success with significant client wins and office expansion. Currently, H+K Strategies has 86 offices in 46 countries, which fosters the ability to tackle global issues with a local perspective.
We have had the great fortune of seeing success both internally and externally, with the value of our largest 50 clients having grown 20 percent over budget. Additionally, the numerous awards H+K Strategies received throughout the year help to demonstrate our high level of talent and commitment to providing the best quality strategic advice and execution.
Our clients increasingly acknowledge that there is an element to their business that must continually interact with the public. Our goal at Hill+Knowlton Strategies is to make sure that we can provide wisdom to those clients so that they understand the public and the public understands our clients. Launching the new H+K Strategies is part of that goal.
In conjunction with the brand launch, we broadened our array of services to include more defined digital and research offerings as well as a business advisory group to be rolled out at the beginning of the year. With all these services at hand, we are prepared to start the upcoming year in an exciting direction.
As I’ve said here many times before, creating a thoughtful conversation with the public, which is now connected 24/7, is vital to any organization’s reputation and success. No longer is the public a behind-the-scenes critic — rather, today it is an integral part of every business’ bottom line. Living in a time where social trends are changing and developing at such an amazing pace, we have made it our priority to recognize those changes and respond to the public accordingly.
I believe that we owe it to our clients to approach their interactions with the public with enthusiasm and passion — and demonstrate that outcomes truly matter to us.
This past month, The Holmes Report issued its 2011 Global PR Agency Report Card. The write-up on our firm recognized H+K Strategies’ new direction, acknowledging our investments in our talent, our global practices and our regions. The piece paints an optimistic future for H+K, and I have no doubt that our future is bright.
Here are some of the most recent awards we have won this year:
Hill+Knowlton Strategies (October 2011)
- Highly Commended: Marketing Communication Consumer (annual fees more than £100k)
- Finalist: Technology
Public Relations Society of Kenya Awards for Excellence
Hill+Knowlton Strategies- Kenya (November 2011)
- Best Public Sector Campaign- Work with the Truth Justice & Reconciliation Commission
- Best Use of Technology Campaign- Nokia Apps Store
- Best Event of the Year- Airtel launch in 16 countries
- Best Public Affairs Campaign- Anti-counterfeit campaign with Nokia
PRSA LA PRism Awards
Hill+Knowlton Strategies- LA/Irvine (November 2011)
- One-Time Media or Special Events – Corporate/Brand: $100,000 or More Budget Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment Shatters Guinness World Record with Back-to-Back Jack Bauer in “24″ DVD Launch Event
- Entertainment Programs – One-Time or Special Event Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment Shatters Guinness World Record with Back-to-Back Jack Bauer in “24″ DVD Launch Event
- Entertainment Programs – Personality, Series, Music, Film or DVD Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment Shatters Guinness World Record with Back-to-Back Jack Bauer in “24″ DVD Launch Event
- Special Purpose/Creative Materials – Logo/Identity Design Curbside Value Partnership: Helping Hispanics Recycle: Why the Curb Matters
Award of Excellence Winners
- Consumer – $100,000 or More Launch Budget Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment Shatters Guinness World Record with Back-to-Back Jack Bauer in “24″ DVD Launch Event
- Public Education- Curbside Value Partnership: Helping Hispanics Recycle: Why the Curb Matters
- Multicultural Communications Program – Association/Gov’t/Non-Profit Organization Curbside Value Partnership: Helping Hispanics Recycle: Why the Curb Matters
- Special Purpose/Creative Materials – Teaser or Other Collateral Curbside Value Partnership: Helping Hispanics Recycle: Why the Curb Matters
Asian Pacific SABRE Awards
Hill+Knowlton Strategies-China (November 2011)
- Food and Beverage: Trophy- California Almonds Integrated Marketing 2010-2011 Almond Board of California
Hill+Knowlton Strategies- Thailand
- South-East Asia: Trophy- Ford Fiesta Launch in Thailand Ford Motor Company Asia Pacific and Africa with WPP X Team
Gullkorn: Norwegian PR Industry Awards
Hill+Knowlton Strategies Gambit- Oslo (November 2011)
- “Enterprise Profile of the Year”- The “Youth Bank #1” campaign for major Norwegian bank DNB
- “Enterprise Profile of the Year” Nomination- “Teach First Norway” project in collaboration with Statoil
Lars Erik- president of Hill+Knowlton Strategies, North East Central Europe
- Honorary Award- Recognition for dedication to PR business and the Norwegian trade organization NIR
2011 GEMAS Effie Mena Awards
Hill+Knowlton Strategies- Dubai (November 2011)
- Finalist on shortlist- Recognized for work with Proctor&Gamble on global launch of new Ariel
Hill+Knowlton Strategies- London (November 2011)
- Winner of ‘Most Innovative Use of Tech in Global Mobility (Knowledge)’- Expat Explorer Survey for HSBC International Bank Ltd.
- Highly Commended in ‘Thought Leadership – Best Survey or Research study of the Year’- Expat Explorer Survey for HSBC International Bank Ltd.
- In addition, the technology team was selected as a finalist in the technology
Hill+Knowlton Strategies- London (November 2011)
- Finalist in Technology Category- Work on Intel Remastered
2011 Middle East Public Relation Association
Hill+Knowlton Strategies (November 2011)
- Best Practice Award: Government Communications- “From Friday Prayers to the Farm”
- Best Practice Award: Use of Social/Digital Media- “A Better Tomorrow for Egypt”
Hill+Knowlton Strategies- Colombia (November 2011)
- Regional Golden EIKON Award: Events Catergory- Team leading Fruco, Unilever’s dressing brand
Professional Council of Public Relations of Argentina
Hill+Knowlton Strategies- Argentina (November 2011)
- Nomination for Best Young Professional of the Year -Marcelo Benavides, account director in H+K Strategies in Argentina
2011 Ethnic Business Awards
Hill+Knowlton Strategies- Australia (November 2011)
- Sponsor of 2011 Ethnic Business Awards presented in November in Sydney.
European Excellence Awards (December 2011)
Hill+Knowlton Strategies- Germany
- Finalist on shortlist- Project for Nord Stream: Evaluation Essential for Building Europe’s Most Complex Infrastructure Project, in the Evaluation category.
- Finalist on Shortlist- project for AstraZeneca Pharma Poland: Educational program about mental illness ‘The Way To Myself’ (Droga Do Siebe), in the Poland, Russia, Ukraine category.
- Finalist on Shortlist- Work with Polska Unia Onkologii (Polish Union of Oncology),GSK Commercial—campaign: National Program for Teenagers titled “I’ve got the answer for cancer” (Mam Haka Na Raka), in the Health category.
Hill+Knowlton Strategies- London
- Finalist on shortlisted- Work with Visa Europe on the Visa Europe London 2012 Expenditure and Economic Impact Report, in the Travel & Tourism category.
Best holiday wishes to all of you and Happy New Year.
98 San Jacinto Blvd., Suite 1200
Austin, Texas 78701